Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts...

I am in the middle of reading Will Richardson's new book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. This book is the perfect text for courses I teach for pre-service teachers on educational uses of the Internet. I had previously used a compiliation of recent articles available on the web as the readings and how-to material for the courses, but Will has made my life so much easier. I'll have to tell him so.Each chapter or two in the book covers a web tool. Besides the ones mentioned in the title, he covers RSS and Flickr as well. Will has presented the material in a pedagogically pleasing way and covers the "why" as comprehensively as the "how-to." I really highly recommend that educators who are interested in these topics or teach about these topics check out Will's book.

As I finish reading each chapter, I'm going to try to post additional relevant links about each of the topics because, although Will's book was published in 2006, there are already updates on topics such as podcasting.

1 comment:

dastikop said...

Hi Maryanne
I have started reading your blog from the first post onwards- Ravindra Dastikop