Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Downloading YouTube Videos

In the Webheads chat a few Sundays ago at TappedIn, someone mentioned that it would be a good idea to download educational YouTube videos to your own hard drive. The reasoning was that the videos might disappear from YouTube at some point and would then be unavailable for teaching purposes.

Serendipitously, in checking the latest assignment for my grad students which was to start a del.icio.us account, I noticed a link to an article on downloading YouTube videos. What I like about this program called vconvert is that it doesn't require any downloading of software. The comments on the article were also worth reading.

I have downloaded some videos and put vconvert.net in my del.icio.us account for future reference. It seems like a good resource to have.

I've also discovered something that I need to learn how to do. I don't know how to include an image from a another site in my blog. For example, I wanted to put an image of the vconvert page as a thumbnail in this post, but don't know how. Maybe that will be my next learning project.

2 comments:

Jennifer Borgioli Binis said...

This book just came up on my feed from TCRecord: http://www.tcrecord.org/Content.asp?ContentId=14583

Seems interesting! Jennifer

Unknown said...

Downloadhelper, a Firefox plugin, works quite well for this purpose, too. :-)