A few days ago I followed directions suggested by participants in the Yahoo group Learning with Computers to set up an Ellg account to upload a Power Point presentation for the purposes of later uploading it to my blog. After that I tried several times unsuccessfully to add the URL for the Power Point to the template of this blog.
Then I used SnipURL (a great little program that allows you to shorten long URLs and assign them names) to shorten the original URL of the presentation. For some reason, the template accepted this and I have now successfully uploaded the presentation.
Networking combined with some experimentation can work wonders!